Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"The Realms Thereunder" by Ross Lawhead

The Realms Thereunder
Author: Ross Lawhead
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
ISBN: 9781595549099
Paperback: 384 pages
Genre: Fiction, Fantasy
May be purchased from Thomas Nelson or Amazon

Freya and Daniel are closer than they will ever want to admit. The are connected in many ways: they went to the same school, they were both born on the same day, and they both went on the same class trip that ended up changing their lives forever.

From the beginning, Mr. Lawhead knew just how to capture my interest and he wove such a fantastical story that I read it in two sittings (and that was only because I had to sleep). Crossing between time periods and worlds, this story reminded me a little of "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" yet with more of an adult appeal.

The story focuses on three characters: Freya, Alex and Daniel and jumps between them as well as past and present. I found this switching kept me on my toes and very interested of what was going to happen next and to whom.

Fast paced and full of action, this book may be even better than Lawhead's father's "Bright Empire" series. I could be biased though, as I love books that center around "special" children that have a specific task they must accomplish. I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series as I need to know what these three will do next!!







If you'd like to learn more about Mr. Lawhead or his work, you can visit his website at: http://www.rosslawhead.com/blog/



Stop by the following blogs to see what they are saying about "The Realms Thereunder":




I review for BookSneeze®

This book was provided by the Book Sneeze program and was used in conjunction with CSFF Tours. I was not required to write a positive review, but instead, one that gives my honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about children in that manner makes me think of that newer film version of the Magician's Apprentice... now I think I'm going to have to go watch it again.

    ReplyDelete