Monday, November 9, 2009

My Review Policies & Disclosures

Please understand this is a work in progress, and will be fine-tuned as I become more experienced.

My Review Policies as of  8/20/2022

1. First and foremost, I DO NOT review books for money. My reviews are my opinions and my opinions only. With no compensation, I am free to tell the truth. I will not feel badly posting my honest opinion. If I feel a book is truly awful, expect to find a negative review explaining why I didn't like it. If a book is good, expect to find a positive review. I do not endorse any book or author. If my review appears that I am, please know it's just because I think it is well deserved for something that I enjoyed reading.

2. I will be happy to review any book from any genre except erotica or horror (really descriptive gore is not for me). My favorite genres are young adult, historical fiction, Christian fiction, mysteries - especially the cozy type mysteries, fantasy, and non-fiction. If a book contains sexual encounters, it may be abandoned at my discretion and will be reviewed with a warning about the content.

3. I enjoy reviewing e-books and would be happy to accept review copies in this format. If you are interested in sending a hard copy of your book, be assured that I do not sell them or profit from them in any way. Every book is donated to my local libraries (I have 2 of them). They are thrilled with these donations and put the books on their circulation shelves. This benefits the library and you book gets lots more exposure!

4. When I receive a book from an author or publisher, it will be disclosed at the end of the review.

5. I post my reviews on this blog, and if time allows Good Reads, Shelfari and Library Thing, Book Likes,  The Reading Room, Amazon, Barnes & Nobel, and Christian Book Distributors (if appropriate).

6. Currently, I am a bit backlogged, so if you would like your book reviewed, please contact me to see what my schedule is like. I would love to review every book that is offered to me, but sadly I don't have enough hours in the day.

If you would like me to review one of your books, you can contact me at: tweezle(at)gmail(dot)com.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Tweezle,
    Surfing the web I found you and was thrilled to see that you have my novel, Impatient with Desire, at number 5 on your 2010 challenge. I hope it resonates with you. The subject matter is sad sometimes but ultimately hopeful. I've always been interested in why some people triumph over adversity and others don't.
    All best,
    Gabrielle Burton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabrielle!

    Thank you so much for stopping by. I just posted the review for your book, and must say, it certainly was an amazing read. I love historical fiction because it brings history to life, and yours did an exceptional job! My daughter just went over the westward movement, and I'm requiring her to read "Impatient with Desire" to get a real grasp of what was endured.

    Again, thank you so very much for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog. :) I love the eclectic collection. Yay for urban fantasy!

    ReplyDelete