Saturday, September 10, 2022

Review: The Doctor From Hell by Genoveva Ortiz


The Doctor from Hell:
 
The True Story of Harold Shipman One of Britain's Most Prolific Serial Killer With an Estimated 218 Victims 
Series: True Crime Explicit Vol 7 
Author: Genoveva Ortiz, True Crime 7
Publisher: Independently Published
Release Date: August 3, 2022
ISBN: 9798840508602
139 Pages

Blurb: 

If you were a patient of this prolific serial killer doctor, you’re lucky to be alive.

Meet Harold Shipman, a serial killer with a disturbing proclivity to murder a specific kind of patient. With an estimated 250 victims, there’s no doubt his kill count might be much, much higher. But what drove him to murder?

You’ll have to read on to find out.

But we’ll warn you now, this story might haunt your nightmares and leave you scared to go to your next checkup. When you learn the truth of Harold’s crimes, and what happened to him in the end, you’ll be stunned, dismayed, and no doubt left with the kinds of questions that have no easy answers. So buy this book and learn the twisted truth… if you dare.


My Thoughts:

This was both a page turner and a quick read for me. While reading this, I found I was looking back at my own medical visits and thinking of how vulnerable we are every time we have a procedure done or when we take a prescribed medication. This really made me shudder. I am totally astounded by the numbers of patients that died both in those that had evidence and could be proven and those that were probable. Unbelievable! 

Truly a must read for those that enjoy true crime or those that just want an interesting read about how a doctor can end up on the wrong side of his oath!


I received a copy of this book through LibraryThing. I was not required to post a positive review - but one of my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment