Friday, September 16, 2022

Baking with Cookie Molds - Review


Baking With Cookie Molds
Author: Anne L. Watson
Publisher: Shepard Publications
Release Date: November 30, 2016
ISBN: 9781620355077
Pages: 222

BLURB:

SPECIAL NOTE! -- ANNE WILL PERSONALLY ANSWER ANY QUESTION OF YOURS AFTER READING THIS BOOK. ASK ON HER WEB SITE, AND YOU'LL NORMALLY HEAR BACK WITHIN HOURS!

Beautiful to look at but hard to use. That's the reputation of cookie molds. But should it be?

In this groundbreaking book, Anne L. Watson restores cookie molds to an honored place in the baker's kitchen by revealing long-lost secrets of their use. With Anne's techniques and recipes, tasty cookies with lovely, detailed designs will literally fall from the mold into your hand.

Learn how to make traditional molded cookies like speculaas, springerle, and shortbread, as well as modern ones like White Chocolate Lime Cookies and Orange Blossom Wedding Cookies. Learn the tricks of sandwich cookies, layer cookies, chocolate backing, and exhibition cookies. And learn about the molds themselves -- the many kinds, their history, the best places to find them, how to treat them, what makes a good one, and which to avoid entirely.

With nearly two dozen recipes and almost a hundred photos, "Baking with Cookie Molds" will quickly have you making cookies that both amaze and delight.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Anne L. Watson is the author of a number of popular books on home crafts and lifestyle, as well as children's books and many novels. In a previous career, she was a historic preservation architecture consultant. Anne lives with her husband and photographer, Aaron Shepard, in Bellingham, Washington.

My Thoughts:

Making cookies from cookie molds is truly an art form. I've tried in the past with no real success and tucked the molds away for "another day". With no real instructions with the molds, I had set myself up for failure.

When I stumbled across Baking with Cookie Molds  (quite by accident), I got excited and had to request it so that I could once again try my hand at making the cookies. This time I had instructions, and detailed ones at that! Now - I had to remember where I stored the molds! 

The first part of the book is about molds and their history. It's written in a very informative and entertaining way. I enjoyed the photography of the molds as well as the story. The second half of the book gets down to business. It has everything you need to know from start to finish to create a successful molded cookie! If you follow Anne's tips, hints and instructions, you will have success. I did!!! 

I love all the recipes. You have pretty much basics, then move onto fancies and the author even tells how to create your own recipes for the molds. 

I cannot sing praises loud enough for this book. If you have ever wanted to lean the lost art of cookie mold cookies, this is definitely a must have! Anne's book is AMAZING!!!


I received a copy of this book through NetGalley. I was not required to post a positive review - but one of my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment