Wednesday, September 21, 2022

From the Farmhouse Kitchen - Review


From the Farmhouse Kitchen
Authors: Dawn Stolzfus and Carol Falb
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
Release Date: March 6, 2018
ISBN: 9780736971669
Pages: 224

BLURB:

Fresh, Simple, and Wholesome Recipes
From Our Family to Yours

From the farmhouse kitchens of mother and daughter Carol Falb and Dawn Stoltzfus comes a collection of over 150 delicious recipes plus charming stories of everyday life on an active, working dairy farm.

Let Carol and Dawn show you how easy it is to share farm-to-table goodness with your loved ones, even if you don't have your own garden...or working farm. Cooking should be more than just prepping food. When you prepare healthy meals using high-quality whole foods, you extend the love of Christ to others and bless them with your servant's heart.

From fresh salads to hearty entrees to tantalizing desserts, let these treasured recipes become part of your family's mealtime traditions and find joy in the simplicity of cooking fresh.


MY THOUGHTS:

From the Farmhouse Kitchen is written by a Mennonite woman and her daughter and is simply a fabulous cookbook. It contains family recipes that are categorized by the seasons. Throughout the book are stories about life on the farm and great intros to the recipes. I had to chuckle at the intro to the recipe for Asparagus, Peas, and Pasta. It tells about their asparagus patch and I swear, I could have written that myself! I have things in my garden that are the same way!!!

This cookbook is one that I enjoyed sitting down and reading. I loved the stories and they made me miss the farm life of my youth. The recipes are delicious. Every one that I tried came out wonderfully! Some of my favorites from the book are: Chocolate Whipped Cream Cake with Chocolate-Covered Strawberries, Cheesy Noodle Broccoli Soup, Ooey-Gooey Granola Bars, Stuffed Zucchini, Deep Dish Pizza, Sausage Balls and Baked Beef Brisket. That's only a sampling of those that I love!

There is another neat detail to the book, and that is the instructions that are included to make your own deodorant and hand soap. Little treasures like this make the recipe book not only a little more fun but a little more useful than just straight up cooking!

From the Farmhouse Kitchen is a cookbook that is not only filled with delicious recipes, but the stories and DIY's make it something special and something you will find yourself turning to again and again. I know it has become one of my favorite cookbooks that is used a lot. In fact, while writing this review, I got really hungry for the Deep Dish Pizza. Guess what's on the menu for tonight?!

I received a copy of this book through NetGalley. I was not required to post a positive review - but one of my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment