Sunday, March 21, 2010

POC Reading Challenge



I had decided to blog hop a little today, and stumbled on one that had an interesting challenge that the blog owner was involved in. It's called the People of Color Reading Challenge, and is designed to to highlight and celebrate authors and characters of color. As I thought about all the books I've read in the past year, hardly any fell under this category.

I've decided to sign up for the challenge. I'm only doing the Level 3 challenge of reading 7-9 books, and only because I'm coming into the challenge late. I am hoping to surpass that goal, though. :)

6 comments:

  1. Tweezle, You won my puzzle book giveaway! I'll e-mail you to get your address to send them out!

    This is an interesting challenge. It will be interesting to see what books you and the other participants come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!

    I can recommend Lawrence Hill - Someone Knows My Name............and Andrea Levy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are participating in this challenge too. There are some lists on the POC challenge blog if you are looking for possible titles to read. I hope you have fun with it and find some great new authors to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great challenge. Wish I could join but I am already over my head...Will keep looking for more black authors to read, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Thanks Jeanne! I've emailed you. I'm so excited. I love puzzles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the comments and suggestions. I'm excited about the challenge. I saw the list and there are so many, many authors that I had no idea existed. WOW! This has really made me aware of how much I've been missing.

    ReplyDelete