Book Description (from publisher's website):
Louise Watkins has her hands full. Her mother had been the town midwife, but when her daughter Alice died under her care, she refused to assist in a childbirth ever again. Since then Louise has assumed the work. She also takes care of Alice's six-year old, Charlotte, because the child's father was lost in World War I. But Louise's principal job is running the boardinghouse that is the family's main source of income. One day, Charlotte befriends a stranger ill with influenza, a man who has taken refuge in an old cabin in the woods nearby. Although badly scarred by wounds suffered in the War, he is strong and slowly recovers. When he gradually takes on odd jobs around the house, Louise accepts his help. She is drawn to him despite his disfigurement, and his voice is comforting, vaguely familiar...
Anna of Hachette Book Group has been kind enough to offer readers of this blog a chance to win one of 5 copies of "Stay a Little Longer" by Dorothy Garlock. Thank you, Anna!
1. You must be a follower of this blog.
2. You must leave a comment WITH your email address.
3. US and Canada only - no PO boxes.
BONUS Entries !! For extra entries (you must leave links for each):
- Tweet about this contest (once per day)
- Follow me on Facebook - see sidebar for link
- Post on Facebook (once per day)
- Add my button to your sidebar.
- Post about this contest to your blog.
- Add me to your blogroll.
- Add this contest to your sidebar.
Contest ends May 10, 2010 at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond. If no response, another winner will be drawn. Book will be shipped directly from Hachette Book Group.