Thursday, December 24, 2009

Book Review: Green




Green: The Beginning and the End
by: Ted Dekker
Thomas Nelson
ISBN: 9781595542885
Audience: Older teens to Adult
Rating 4.75 out of 5 stars

Thomas Hunter fell asleep in our world in our time, and woke up 2000 years into the future, well after the Apocalypse had destroyed Earth. Thomas' group, the Circle, as well as his son, are no longer completely faithful to their god, Elyon. Thomas is heartbroken and discovers he must find a way to save the world from another Apocalypse. He must trust Elyon and allow his son to follow his own heart, while Thomas makes the difficult decision to leave the Circle to save them all.

This was my first Ted Dekker novel, and will certainly not be my last. I was a little apprehensive that I could pick up the last book in the series, and read it as the first. I had no idea how Mr. Dekker would accomplish this, but he had done it brilliantly! I easily became familiar with the characters and what roles were played and by whom. The storyline was easy to follow, and like most series, enough was given so that you wouldn't know everything, but wouldn't be lost.

A classic good verses evil tale that kept me totally engrossed and made it difficult to put the book down. I thoroughly enjoyed "Green" and really look forward to reading the others in the series...."Black", "Red" and "White".

This book was supplied by Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment