Monday, March 16, 2015

Coffee Gives Me Superpowers - Review

Coffee Gives Me Superpowers
An Illustrated Book about the Most Awesome Beverage on Earth
Author: Ryoko Iwata
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
ISBN: 9781449460839
Hardcover: 96 pages

About the Book:
For coffee lovers and those who love them, Coffee Gives Me Superpowers is a fun, graphic design-centered book focused on one of the world's most addictive and beloved substances--coffee.

If coffee is the foundation of your food pyramid, then this is your book. Inspired by Ryoko Iwata's popular Web site, I Love Coffee (en.ilovecoffee.jp), Coffee Gives Me Superpowers is overflowing with infographics and fun, interesting facts about the most awesome beverage on earth written by Ryoko, a Japanese coffee-lover living in Seattle. The book includes the most popular pieces on the site, such as "Your Brain on Beer vs. Coffee," "10 Coffee Myths," "The 15 Most Caffeinated Cities in the U.S.," "The Best Time of Day to Drink Coffee (According to Science)," and "10 Things You Probably Didn't Know about Caffeine," plus 25 percent new, original material that is available only in this book.
My Thoughts:

Brightly colored and wonderfully illustrated, you'll find this book both engrossing because of the information and as addictive as coffee itself! I found myself going back to the book again and again. I told myself it was because I wanted to re-read the the fun and informative facts, but honestly I enjoy the bright colors and the presentation and the overall entertaining way everything is presented.

Perfect for gift-giving or just a great book to present yourself with, Coffee Gives Me Superpowers will have you coming back again and again to make you smile, shake your head, and just overall enjoy!


I received a copy of this book from NetGalley courtesy of the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review, but instead, one that gives my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment