Thursday, February 4, 2010

Booking Through Thursday

(BTT is hosted by http://btt2.wordpress.com)

This week's question:

The northern hemisphere, at least, is socked in by winter right now… So, on a cold, wintry day, when you want nothing more than to curl up with a good book on the couch … what kind of reading do you want to do?


When it's stormy out, I like nothing better than to grab a nice cup of tea or hot chocolate and snuggle under a nice warm afghan with a cozy mystery or a good Christian fiction. There's just something about those books that can warm me up inside and make me smile when I'm finished reading them.

The funny thing is, I got hooked on Patricia Wentworth's "Miss Silver Mysteries" after I found a whole stack of them at a yard sale. I bought them along with a beautiful peach colored knitting afghan that has since been my favorite afghan to curl under when I read. (you can see it under my stack of books I received on my Mailbox Monday post)

3 comments:

  1. I had the same experience with Miss Silver. Found a whole box full of the mysteries at a yard sale, and I've been a fan ever since. Mine didn't come with a lovely afghan, though (darn!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this. I just started reading the 1st Ladies Detective Agency books, but this sounds like something to check out too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read a lot of cozy mysteries, but I haven't read many lately. They are great for a cold winter day! I haven't heard of this series. I'm off to check it out now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete