Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"Covenant Child" by Terri Blackstock

Covenant Child
Author: Terri Blackstock
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
ISBN-13: 978-1401686970
Paperback: 336 pages

About the Book:
Amanda’s heart broke as she watched them drive her beloved twins away. She resolved to hope . . . and to fight for them to her last breath.

Kara and Lizzie are heiresses to one of the largest fortunes in the country. But when their father dies suddenly, the toddlers are ripped from the arms of Amanda, their loving stepmother, and given to their maternal grandparents, who only want the children’s fortune for themselves.

While even the stipend their guardians get for supporting them is squandered, the children are left to raise themselves. Kara and Lizzie grow up believing they are worthless . . . until the day when they learn the truth.

My Thoughts:

Gripping me from the first page, this book would have been devoured in one sitting if I had not had to tear myself away for other obligations. I just could not put it down! Terri Blackstock is a true master of storytelling and will keep the reader captivated from beginning to end. She had me gasping more than once at the realism of the abuse that Kara and Lizzie suffered - heartrendingly done by their own grandparents!

This novel has such a wonderful story line of unconditional love and forgiveness, although not apparent at first. As it unfolds, there is such a powerful message of unending love and faith. This book is going to be with me for a long, long time and comes highly recommended. This is one novel that should be on everyone's TBR list! 



I received this book through the Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review, but instead, one that gives my honest opinion.




1 comment:

  1. Goodness! This looks like a terrific books. Thanks for pointing me to it!
    Terrific Review!

    ReplyDelete