Sunday, September 11, 2011

Belkin Surge Protector 7 Outlet With Telephone Protection - Review

The first thing I noticed when I took this surge protector out of the package, was its nice sleek design. It looks updated and modern next to the old rectangular one we had before. Yes, I know, looks aren't everything. The Belkin Surge Protector is as functional as it is good looking.

Things I really liked:

*The sleek design looks very nice in the home/office.
*The strip widens at the bottom which allows not only 3 I/O phone lines, but allows for a better seat for a larger power adapter.
*The last outlet is spaced with a larger gap from the other six to allow for a larger power adapter. No more losing an outlet!!
*There are sliding safety covers that close and keep dust out of unused outlets.
*This strip has 7 outlets next to the 6 my old one had.
*The toggle switch is large and easy to use.
*There are two lights to let you know if you are protected (green) or not protected (red).
*The cord is heavy and long (12 ft)
*It comes with an amazing protection warranty.
*The holes that allow for hanging are keyed horizontally instead of vertically.
*Phone line protection

Things I didn't care for:

*The large toggle switch seems to be easy to bump off. A few times when hubby has worked around it he has ended up bumping the switch off.
*The phone I/O does not have covers to keep the dust out when not in use.
*Cannot be used with A/V equipment.

All in all, this is a great power strip. I can't say if it really does protect up to 2000 Joules as the manufacturer claims, but I do know I feel comfortable and quite confident saying my equipment is protected better than it was before.

To learn more about  the Belkin Surge Protector 7 Outlet With Telephone Protection, please click here

I received this product through Vine to test and honestly review.

No comments:

Post a Comment