My first award comes from Vicki @ Reading at the Beach. Thank you so very much for thinking of me, Vicki!
I now have the privilege of passing on this award to others in accordance with the following rules:
Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you enjoy. (Okay, so 15 can be a lot to come up with! Pass it on to as many bloggers as you can, up to 15.) Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
The following are my choices for truly deserving blogs:
1. Broken Teepee
2. Frugal Plus
3. Great Reads
4. Peeking Between the Pages
5. My Friend Amy
6. The Friendly Book Nook
7. Cindy's Love of Books
8. Creative Madness
9. Freda's Voice
10. I Swim for Oceans
11. Escape Between the Pages
12. Socrates' Book Reviews
13. Redlady's Reading Room
14. Reading on a Rainy Day
15. Heather Webber
The second award I received is called Honest Scrap and is a fun award. It was given to me by Ann Elle Altman of All write with coffee. Thank you so very much, Ann Elle!
The award recipient has to list ten things about themselves that few or no people know about them. Then they choose 7 blogs to pass on the award to.
Ten Things You Might Not Know About Me:
1. I live in a lazy town nestled between the mountains. I never get to see a sunrise or a sunset here.
2. As much as I want to, I've never seen the ocean.
3. I used to be a model stitcher for some well-known cross stitch designers. You may have purchased or looked at a leaflet or magazine in the past that had photos of my work on the cover or in the magazine.
4. I obsessively knit socks, although since my son has gone to college, I haven't finished a pair in more than 6 months.
5. I love to sniff books and yarn. (who said eeeeewwww?)
6. My father was a WWII Veteran that served under General Patton.
7. I dream of buying an old Victorian home and restoring it. Then, when it gets too much to take care of, sell it and retire to a little cabin in the woods.
8. I love cooking with cast iron. Nothing can compare to a good seasoned piece of cast cookware!
9. I love to bake but hate making pie crusts.
10. I think snakes are cool to watch - but I still won't pick one up.
Wow - that was harder than I thought! :)
Now for the 7 blogs this award goes to:
1. Daydreams and Wanderings
2. Wandeca Reads
3. 4 the LOVE of BOOKS
4. Kaye's Book Review Page
5. Westie Therapy
6. minds alive on the shelves
7. Rantings of a Bookworm Couch Potato