Thursday, June 5, 2014

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - Review

To All The Boys I've Loved Before
Author: Jenny Han
Hardcover: 368 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
ISBN: 9781442426702
Publish date: April 15, 2014

About the Book:
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

My Thoughts:

I must be the odd one, because I really can't figure out why this book has received the high ratings and why book groups (like mine) are going crazy over it. For me, it was difficult to read. The main character, Lara Jean Son is a weak and sniveling girl that can't seem to figure out how to do things on her own. She's afraid of everything and she's basically helpless. It took everything I had not to toss the book aside but finally, after about 70 or so pages it began to pick up and get more interesting. Laura Jean starts to grow and learn things, and by the end of the book, I found that I was glad that I didn't give up reading it. This story redeemed itself enough that I might just consider reading the next book to see what happens to Lara Jean.

No comments:

Post a Comment