Thursday, January 20, 2011

Great Finds for Cheap Living

I had heard about a GoodWill store that was only a few miles from my son's university. I decided the next time we were out that way, to stop in and have a look around, so that's what we did.

The store was huge and was packed full of goodies! The clothes were gorgeous and were sorted by age, gender and color or style, but not by sizes which made it somewhat difficult and frustrating (not to mention time consuming) to find something. The time taken did pay off though, as I came home with 4 like new jumpers - 3 denim and one a faux suede, a gorgeous cardigan and 17 sewing patterns for $14.25.

A few weeks ago, I had found some neutral colored long sleeved t-shirts on sale for $1.99 each, so I had picked up 4 of them. They look very nice with the new jumpers, as does the cardigan. Imagine - I now have 4 beautiful new outfits (actually more if you mix and match) for less than $20!

I'm anxious to start working on the new patterns, but need to take my sewing machine in to have it cleaned and "tuned". I'm hoping I'll be able to drop it off in the very near future. Unfortunately, they are more than 60 miles round trip, and then the return trip to pick it up. I'll have to make sure I have other stops planned to make it worthwhile.

What things do you do to save money?

No comments:

Post a Comment