Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wendy Knits Book Review





Wendy Knits: My Never-Ending Adventures in Yarn
by Wendy Johnson
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Audience: All levels of knitters from beginners to advanced

Wendy Johnson takes you through her knitting life and her obsessions with knitting and yarn. From her first cast-on and being self-taught to becoming one of the most known names in the knitting blog world. Wendy has included 20 beautiful patterns for all knitting levels, as well as many hints and tips throughout the book.

I have followed Wendy Johnson's blog for many years, so I was excited to finally get my hands on this book. It was everything I had expected and more. Wendy's warm and humorous look back over her knitting career is a fun and fascinating read. The patterns she includes are lovely and will please any knitter - from beginner to advanced. I have knit up a few of her patterns including the "Sophisticated Cabled Catnip Mouse", "Easy One-Skein Hat" and her "Generic Socks". All patterns were well written and easy to follow. She as sprinkled tips throughout the book that are very good and useful. My only wish is that the photos were in color. I've seen her pictures on her blog, and the b&w photos just don't do justice to her knitting or her precious blue-eyed cat, Lucy! I highly recommend this book to any knitter - beginner through advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment