Sunday, November 15, 2009

Powers: A Novel Book Review





Powers: A Novel
by John B. Olson
Rating 5 out of 5 stars
Audience: Teens to Adult
Release Date: December 1, 2009



Mariutza's grandfather, Purodad, and beloved teacher, Miss Caralee were murdered while Mariutza stayed helplessly hidden. Before her grandfather died in her arms, he told Mariutza what she must do. She had been kept hidden in the swamp and cared for by her grandfather, but now she was alone, and being chased by the Badness. She had to get out of the swamp and find Jaazaniah the Prophet. He was the only one that could help her now.

As soon as the book arrived, I was eager to start reading. Between the cover art and the blurb on the back, it looked like a fantastic read. I was not disappointed. From the first few paragraphs, I was drawn in, and had a hard time putting it down. I loved the characters of Mari (Mariutza) and Jazz (Jaazaniah) and found myself cheering them on. This is truly a page turner full of suspense and surprises, twists and turns, and even some conspiracy thrown in. Powers is the sequel to Shade, but could easily be read as a stand alone book. Highly recommended!!

Please note: This book is categorized as Christian Fiction.

I won this book as part of the Early Reviewers program It was supplied by B&H Publishers. My thanks to both the ER program and the B&H for allowing me to review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment