Monday, November 30, 2009

Campus Chills Book Review





Campus Chills
Edited by Mark Leslie
Stark Publishing
ISBN: 9780973568813
Audience: Older teens to adult
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Campus Chills contains 13 tales that take place on campuses throughout Canada. They go from those that will give you tingles to the back of your neck, all the way to chilling you to the bone. Each story is a real page turner, that will hold you in their grips right up until the end.

This book was a fun and quick read that took me back to my college days. I really enjoyed the different styles of the authors, covering the classic horror to just plain creepy. Most of the stories ran of the average of 20 pages, so they are perfect to crawl into bed and finish before going to sleep (if you dare!). The stories are centered around college life, so you will find the normal things that happen - drinking, some drug use, and one story with weird graphic sex in it (to the point of being gross), so I'd recommend it for older high school to adult levels.

I love this book and highly recommend it. If you are a college student, thinking of going to college, graduate, or just love horror, you must add this to your must read list.

This was a First Reads win on Good Reads. I thank Mark Leslie for listing this book and allowing me the chance to read and review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment