Today we are hosting Kira Morgan and her new book "Captured by Desire". To celebrate, Hachette books is giving away a copy of Kira's book to 5 lucky readers of this blog!! (see details below)
Author: Kira Morgan
Publisher: Forever Books - Grand Central Publishing
Genre: Adult fiction, Historical Romance
About the Book: (from the publisher):
In 16th century Scotland, young Miss Florie Gilder runs away from her drunken foster father to find her real father and her noble heritage. Along the way, she is accused of theft, becomes a fugitive hiding in a forest, and is accidentally wounded by a handsome local huntsman. The huntsman--a Robin-Hood figure who poaches wild game from the landowner's estate to feed the starving poor--carries the beautiful maiden to a church where she is guaranteed 40 days of sanctuary from the law. During that time, he learns her true story, falls in love with her, and helps her in her quest, at the risk of his own life. Smitten with him, she worries more for his survival. But enemies of the state are seeking to overturn the Catholic royals, while a vicious noblewoman is out to destroy Florie.
From the very first page, one is drawn in with a flight scene that sets the pace for this fast moving and captivating read. Kira Morgan has an exciting way of telling her tale, and creates both a rich setting as well as interesting characters.
This is a book where I absolutely fell in love with the strong, tough but sensitive hunter, Rane. He is thrown together under unusual circumstances with Florie, who is another strong character. She's one tough cookie, and she's on the run and out for revenge. Another strong female character was Lady Mavis (her poor husband!) and she was certainly a woman you could love to dislike!
I enjoyed how there was a set time frame of 40 days. It really added a growing suspense, because you knew that things had to happen, but where where they going to lead? This really is a page turner, but be warned, there is sexual content.
Five Fun Facts1. For a refreshing change from the nobles found in most medieval romances, in Captured by Desire, Kira chose to make the hero and heroine common folk — Florie is a goldsmith, and Rane is the sheriff's huntsman.
3. Due to the legal limits of sanctuary imposed upon fugitive Florie when she seeks refuge in a church, Kira was faced with the daunting prospect of having only 40 days to convince Florie to fall in love with the man who just shot her.
4. Since her Scottish hero, Rane MacAllister, is the son of Viking invaders, Kira studied Norse mythology to come up with epithets unique to his ancestry.
5. To do historical research for Captured by Desire, Kira commandeered Scotland's purportedly haunted Roslin Castle for several days! (To see photos from her adventures, go to Kira's website or her Facebook page).
This book was provided by Hachette Books for me to honestly review.
Thanks to Anna at Hachette Book Group, five lucky readers of this blog will have a chance to win a copy of "Captured By Desire"!!!
1. You must be a follower of this blog.
2. You must leave a comment WITH your email address.
3. US and Canada only - no PO boxes.
BONUS Entries !! For extra entries (you must leave links for each):
* Follow me on Twitter - see sidebar for link
* Tweet about this contest (once per day)
* Follow me on Facebook - see sidebar for link
Contest ends September 8, 2010 at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond. If no response, another winner will be drawn. Book will be shipped directly from the publisher.