Friday, April 13, 2018

Life Is Full Of Lessons



Life is full of lessons - some extremely difficult, some easy and some that take you totally by surprise. My last few years have been full of lesson - mostly difficult and some made me wonder if I was going to survive: However, I made it through, with the help the help of the Lord.

As you know, I was divorced 2 years ago, went to Australia to heal and came back to begin my life over. I found a part time job, an apartment and then life became more interesting as I looked for more work. I was carrying 3 part time jobs at one point last year and then found a full time job. Not the dream job I've always wanted it, but a good paying full time job in food services that has good benefits. Life seemed to be finally looking up. Then came the surprise.

Spiritually and emotionally, I was a mess. I tried hiding from God. My life was in shambles, I had broken my vow to be together with my husband forever, and I was really seeing myself as I truly was and not liking it one bit. So, like the child who took a cookie from the cookie jar when told not to, I hid from my Father. I didn't read my Bible, didn't pray, and stayed as far away as I could from Him. But it appeared He wasn't going to allow that at all. People would come to me and ask if I had a Church that I attended. I would say no and then be invited to attend theirs. I had one woman give me a book called "Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence" by Sarah Young and she kept telling me things about forgiveness and stated she knew I was haunted by what happened. I attended church a few times when I wasn't working and I began reading the Bible.

The healing that I needed finally came, but only after learning to forgive myself and learning to accept and like myself for who I am. With that came a change in me. I became a calmer, more peaceful and more loving and accepting person. I didn't notice it at first, but as I look back, I can really notice a difference. God has been very good to me. I now have everything need and more than I could ever hope for!

Male sure to come back tomorrow to find out what surprise blessing God granted me!

No comments:

Post a Comment