Monday, April 11, 2016

The Dresden Files Series - Storm Front

I have been swamped with things that I need to do and as the pressure builds to get ready to leave here, I really, really have to have some down time. Time to unwind and relax. I decided to treat myself to a book that has been sitting on my shelf for ages begging to be read, but I've put it off for other things. Finally, I listened to that book and  pulled it off the shelf and curled up a couple of nights over the weekend and read.

If you haven't heard of the Harry Dresden from the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher, you must have been hiding somewhere, because it seems everyone has been discussing it. My son's best friend was here one day last year telling me I HAVE to get that book down and read it. He went on and on about how great the series was. I nodded and said, "I will" and forgot about it.  Then a few weeks ago, my son started on the series and said, "Mom, you are really going to love these books. You must read them!!" Hmmmmm.... someday....

Well someday came this weekend and I now know what they mean. I read the first book, "Storm Front" and enjoyed it - I mean really enjoyed it. It's like Harry Potter meets .... hmmmm... think of the quirkiest detective you can imagine and insert it here. Harry Dresden is a dectective, but not just any detective, he's a wizard. He's quirky, broke, unlucky with woment (according to Bob) and gets made fun of because of his profession. However, the police force uses him when they have to, and this time, it's quite a bit.

Do yourself a favor and pick up "Storm Front" if you haven't read it yet. It will have you laughing, shaking your head, putting you on edge and just leave you chuckling to yourself as you think - man, I got to read the next book. The kids were right, this was a book I had to read. Now, off to find the other 15 or so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment