Author: Cynthia Eden
Genre: Adult Fiction, Romantic Suspense
About the Book:
"FBI Special Agent Monica Davenport has made a career out of profiling serial killers. But getting inside the twisted minds of the cruel and the sadistic has taken its toll: She's walled herself off from the world. Yet Monica can't ignore fellow agent Luke Dante, the only man who ever broke through her defenses.
Luke has the unique ability to put victims at ease . . . professionally, he and Monica made a perfect team. Now they're reunited to catch a murderer who uses his victims' deepest, darkest fears for sport - but their investigative skills aren't enough. Luke and Monica will have to face the secrets from their past, the ones that terrify them the most, if they are to have a future together.
But can they catch a killer whose weapon is . . .DEADLY FEAR"
Hang on for one suspenseful ride, as Cynthia Eden draws you in and keeps you captivated right to the last page. She created a great storyline using 2 "damaged" agents with a history, put them together to find a serial killer, added some romance and a bunch of twists and turns that kept me guessing all the way to the end. I really thought I had it figured out, but... Wow! What a book!
The only negative thing I found was the descriptive sex. I didn't feel it really added anything and most, if all, of the descriptiveness could have been left out without the storyline suffering. I found myself a bit bored with it, and skimmed those sections until I found where the story picked back up.
This was a great read!
Five Fun Facts1. Cynthia incorporated many of her own fears in Deadly Fear. Was it therapeutic for her? No, now she has more fears!
2. Cynthia has tried to face her ophidiophobia (fear of snakes) by visiting zoos and petting snakes. No, that hasn’t worked so well for her, either. Though, oddly, one of her favorite movies is Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid. She thinks snakes are best from a very nice distance.
4. Cynthia has several shelves full of books that tell you how to commit the perfect crime. These books make her husband very nervous.
5. More information about Cynthia may be found at her website: CynthiaEden.com
You can also follow her on Twitter @CynthiaEden; on Facebook at Facebook.com/CynthiaEden or friend Cynthia on MySpace
This book was supplied by Hachette Books for me to honestly review.
Thanks to Anna at Hachette Book Group, five lucky readers of this blog will have a chance to win a copy of "Deadly Fear"!!!
1. You must be a follower of this blog.
2. You must leave a comment WITH your email address.
3. US and Canada only - no PO boxes.
BONUS Entries !! For extra entries (you must leave links for each):
* Follow me on Twitter - see sidebar for link
* Tweet about this contest (once per day)
* Follow me on Facebook - see sidebar for link
Contest ends August 25, 2010 at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond. If no response, another winner will be drawn. Book will be shipped directly from the publisher.