Monday, April 26, 2010

Book Review: An Honest Love by Kathleen Fuller

An Honest Love
Author: Kathleen Fuller
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
ISBN: 9781595548139
Genre: Christian fiction, Amish

A lovely and heartwarming story about an Amish brother and sister who find both love and friendship in the most unlikely place. Lukas meets Anna who was hurt by the man she once loved and was going to marry. Elisabeth has known Aaron since her family is friends with his. She also knows of his dark past and wild ways before he joined the church. Now Elisabeth works with Aaron and has to deal with his quiet and sullen attitude and his rudeness towards her. Will the past, lies and half-truths destroy the lives and friendships that have been built, or can the past be dealt with?

An Honest Love is the second book of the Hearts of Middlefield Series. I didn't read the first, so I was concerned that I would be lost and not know the characters or their situations. That is not the case with this book. I had no problem with either the characters or the storyline. You learn along with the "new characters" presented in this book, to understand what happened in the past.

This story was an enjoyable read! It interested me enough that now I've added the first book of the series, "A Man of His Word", to my list to pick up the next time I go to the bookstore. This is a definite must read for anyone who loves Amish fiction or Christian fiction.








This book was sent to me through the Book Sneeze program for me to honestly review.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful review!

    Have you ever seen Saving Sarah Cain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...interesting book. I think I'll check it out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete